Last updated: 2nd April’2022
Our Policy aims to provide transparency about what we are doing with your personal information and explain you in a clear, concise and easily comprehensible manner how we are keeping it safe. So do read it carefully and check in regularly for updates as the latest version always applies.
- What information we collect about you and how;
- How we use that information;
- How we protect your information;
- What information we share with others; and
- What choices you have about your information.
The Platform may sometime link to the platforms run by third parties. Privacy practices of such third parties are not in our control and are described in their own separate privacy policies. So, remember that the information you give them will follow their privacy policies and not ours. We encourage you to be aware when you access such third parties’ sites and to read their privacy policies. Also, sometimes you can view our Services from other places and sites, like our social media accounts/ handles (including on Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Make sure to check their privacy policies so you know how they will use your information.
What information will we collect about you and how?
We collect information from you when you use the Platform. Some of this information is provided by you directly and we collect some of this information automatically. We may also receive your information from third parties. The information we collect depends on what you are doing on our Platform and the privacy choices you make.
Please remember that you have a choice when it comes to the data you share. So, you may decline to provide your personal data when we ask you to. You can of course scroll through our Platform without telling us who you are. However, you may not be able to use some parts of the Platform if such part of the Platform requires you to provide personal data and you have chosen not to provide such data. For example, we will not be able to create an account on our Platform, if you choose not to provide us with your email address or other required data.
Information that you give us
We have listed out below some of the instances which may require you to give us information directly, and you share the same with your consent:
- When you create or register a new account on our Platform, or update your profile or settings on your existing Platform account, you will provide us with your information such as your name, email address, phone number, address etc.;
- When you visit or transact on our Platform or make a purchase or initial return, exchange, refund or cancellation or pay for a Service, you will provide us with information such as details about your bank account, limited credit/debit card details for transaction tracking/reconciliation purposes, billing address, credit verification and other financial information, as well as your contact and communication records;
- When you communicate with us for assistance by phone, email or otherwise, we ask for some personal information like your name, service details, and communication records; and
- When you provide your personal information under any other circumstances, such as when you participate in promotional, or marketing activities organized by us, when you post public review/feedback on our Platform or participate in an online survey conducted by us.
Information that we collect automatically
We may access certain data on your device through your use of the Platform. Some data gets collected automatically, such as the browser or device type, unique device identifier (such as device ID or an IP address), your activity on the Platform (such as the content you view, taps, swipes, your preferences, frequency of usage and the like), your locational data including location information provided by your device interacting with the Platform including through beacon technologies, or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier and the like. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. By virtue of accessing our Platform, you accept such collection of information by us.
We recommend you read the permissions prompt of the Platform before you download/access them to exactly understand the type of data the Platform will capture. For instance, the Platform may require your permission to enable it to find the location of your device, camera usage, microphone access, mount and un-mount file systems, etc.
Information that we collect from other sources
We may collect your information from other trusted sources to update, supplement, link or verify the information you provide, or we collect automatically. For instance, if you choose to register on our Platform using your existing account on third party platform (such as social media platforms), we may collect your account information. Similarly, we may also obtain information about you from various third party sources such as our affiliates, public databases, joint marketing partners, Google analytics, advertisement platforms such as Facebook or Google, etc. Such information could include your name, address, job role, public employment profile, credit history, and any other relevant data.
Cookies are small text files that transfer onto your device when you use the Platform.
How we use your personal information?
We need to tell you the reason why we collect your information. It must relate to the Services that we provide you and collection is of course, a necessity. We collect your information after complying with the applicable laws and the privacy choices that you have made on our Platform, for inter alia the purposes mentioned below:
- to manage our relationship with you, to facilitate opening and management of your account, take and fulfill orders, deliver Services/products, process payments, process returns/ refunds/ replacements or to conclude transactions on the Platform;
- to validate and process your request for the Services on the Platform;
- to assist ourselves and our representatives in handling or fulfilling your orders or requests and establish communications with you;
- to personalize the Services and give you a better Platform;
- to assist you to determine which Services best meet your needs;
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
- to provide you with recommendations about Services tailored to your tastes, based on your use of the Platform;
- to provide you with marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest for you or that you may have opted for. By providing consent and/or verifying your contact number with us, you agree to receive promotional and advertising communications (through call, SMS, email or other digital and electronic means) from us even if your mobile number is registered under the DND/NCPR list under the Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018. You may opt-out of receiving promotional and advertising communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications or contacting our grievance officer;
- resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- to analyze, research and innovate; or
- as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
What information will we share with others?
Information about you is an important part of our business. We limit ourselves not only in terms of what we share but also with whom we share.
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or third-parties who will look after your information as if we were handling it directly and we make sure that they use your information safe just like how we keep it safe with us. We will share with them only such personal information that is required to complete any transaction or provide Service you have requested.
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates when it is necessary to perform Services on our behalf or on your behalf, to provide advertising and promotional services, to provide search results and links (including paid listings and links), or to provide customer service, etc. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
We may also share your personal information with third parties or law enforcement agencies if we have to do so under the applicable law or enforce our Terms and Conditions or rules or when we believe that there is a need to protect you or other people from any harm.
We may share anonymised data with other entities, but only when it is converted so that no-one’s identity can be known or found out and is no longer considered to be personal information under the law (it is anonymised).
You consent to all such disclosure and transfer of your information by us.
How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your information for as long as necessary for the purposes that we have mentioned above, or law permits us to retain.
What choices do you have about your information?
Remember, you have the ability to control your personal information. You can ask us to correct anything that you think is wrong with the personal information we have on record about you. Of course, we might need you to give us a few more details, such as which part needs an update, why you feel so, what identification documents you have (so that we know you are who you say you are), etc. Despite our best efforts, if we can’t fulfill your request, we will get back and explain the reasons why (for instance, if you have not given what is required).
You have a right to change your mind and ask us to stop using your information. However, if you do so, you may no longer be able to use a part of our Platform, if such part requires your personal information. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will try making that clear at the time of collection so that you know.
How do we protect your personal information?
Security of your data is of utmost importance for us. We have adopted security measures that are in line with industry standards to protect the personal information you provide, and to prevent unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of the data. We take all reasonable and practical steps to protect your personal information and actively pass relevant security and privacy protection certifications.
However, please be informed that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. So, if you have any concerns that your Platform account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone has hacked your account or stolen your password, please get in touch with us as soon as reasonably practicable.
While we make best possible efforts to transmit and store all the information provided by you in a secure operating environment that is not open to public, you understand and acknowledge that there is no such thing as complete security and we do not guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of any information and potential security breaches. You agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security or for any action of any third parties that receive your information or events that are beyond our reasonable control including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
If we make important changes and applicable law requires us to let you know, we will do exactly that. It might be an email, a notice on our Platform or other communication modes permitted under the applicable law. If you are not fine with such changes, then you can always stop using the Platform, delete your account and stop giving us any more personal information that you are not comfortable with. We would be sorry to let you go but remember that your choice matters to us.
How can you contact us?
We will try to resolve your complaint/request expeditiously and get back to you within one month. However, this is also subject to us receiving all pertinent information/documents from you in a timely manner.